Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yes, we have been MIA, but for good reasons

So yeah, I know I have been slacking on the blogging lately. But really, we had a wedding to plan and then the honeymoon and trying to get back to normal life afterwards. I just haven't had the time. I promise to try my best to update this as much as possible.

This will just be a quick little hello, letting you know we are still here. Happier than ever and enjoying our new married life together. Its been a month and so far, things are peachy! :)

Our wedding was fantastic! We can't thank both of our parents enough for EVERYTHING they did for us before, during and even continue to afterwards. The weather turned out perfect! We loved seeing all our friends and family there. Thank you so much for making our day so special and meaningful. It was all that we wanted and could have asked for.

Honeymoon was great. We went to St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands and spent a day at St. John. Pictures to come!

Within a week of returning, I (Rachel) had my SS information updated, license changed, voting registration changed, bank info changed, new credit cards, cell phones merged, car insurance merged, what else am I missing?? haha. Can you tell I was excited to become Robby's wife? :) Yes, we do love saying that - Husband/Wife, or as I have Robby labeled in my cell phone - Hubby.

I (Rachel) received more duties/new job title at work when we returned from the honeymoon. Thank goodness because things were getting a little rough at work for me. I was no longer enjoying getting up in the morning to come to "work". It was effecting my work life and personal life too. I was in much need for a new "job" or something to change it up a bit. I am now handling the collections/accounts receivable for all of our shows. So far I am really enjoying it. Plus I won't have to travel. I am still going to administer 2 of the shows for now and will travel to them. But my main role is handling the collections.

Robby is still loving Home Depot. He is doing great there and learning so much. He is also looking to move up in the company and possibly try other departments/roles. We will see where HD takes him. Hopefully not far as they are opening a corporate daycare next summer!! **hint hint**

We are currently (and anxiously) waiting for our professional photos to be uploaded to her site and for the disk to arrive. So far what we have seen have been amazing. But we knew we wouldn't get anything but amazing from her. We loved our photographer and got a ton of compliements on her and her work. Look forward to using her again down the road.

Our videographer was amazing as well. He told us how beautiful and unique our wedding was and how the backdrop of Primrose and the weather really made the video turn out great. He is still working on it and we should receive that next week. He loved our wedding so much he put us up on his blog. Only the best wedding videos make it to his blog ;) a little self promotion, don't hate. He even said a sweet thing about us on there. If anyone is looking for a videographer, check him out! Glenn with Behind the Scenes Videography, and check out our part on his blog, Southern Belles. He only put up a short clip of our vows (us so serious looking) so you can't see all of his work, but we are really looking forward to all the edits, music he puts with it and everything else. But at least he showed the part of Robby's own personally written vows. He definitely stood me up in that department. Not sure if all the guests picked up on the fact that yes, Robby wrote his own vows. They were perfect and I tried my best not to cry during that part.

So for now, thats about it. We have a ton of exciting things planned this summer and over the year. Again, will try to update as much as possible. Can't believe its already June!

Until next time...

Love,
The Badgers

1 comment:

  1. shaun, ryan, and eliasJune 20, 2011 at 3:31 PM

    love the update! can't wait to see the pics and video! big hugs! xo shaun, ryan, elias

    ReplyDelete