Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Thrown a Curve Ball

Its funny how God can really throw you a curve ball to make you step back and realize what really is important in life! But does it have to be so hard and so quick!
This week so far has been an interesting one. I'm not sure how to take it all in, still trying to really. Monday night Robby and I received some news from his mom that was very shocking. Not something we really wanted to hear, but now that its here, we have to handle it all. Once they left, we just kind of sat there in disbelief, at least I did. This can't be happening to us. She was so strong, and seemed to be calm, when telling us the news that I wasn't sure if I should cry, stay calm or be mad. It really was the strangest feeling for me. I've never had someone in my immediate life that has had to deal with this. It was pretty late so we just watched some tv and went to bed. The next morning I headed to work, and it was as if everything had changed for me. I didn't care about the little petty things people were talking about in the office. I rolled my eyes at the things people were caught up in or "freaking out" about. I know that sounds mean, but I just can't worry about that stuff right now. It's sad that stuff like this has to happen to make you change your perspective on life. Now, unfortunately, I know one day I will get back to the "normal" everyday life where I get caught up in reality tv, or the drama of others lives I stalk on facebook, or the latest gossip at work. But for right now, and probably until we hear more on this situation and the road that is ahead of us, I will keep my focus here. So if you think I am avoiding you, or that I just don't care what you are telling me, this is where my head and mind are for the moment. I'm sorry.

And to think that God really does have a plan for our lives. Its all laid out and we just have to choose to follow it. In all this, (and many other instances before) I have seen how things happen for a reason and I know its not just coincidence (for those of you that believe). So here is just one example. Robby has been training for this Ironman and we were supposed to go to Ohio Sept. 9-12 so that he could compete in the race and we could visit some of his family. I have been feeling very uneasy about the whole thing. I felt like he needed more time to train, that it was going to be a long trip and kind of difficult visiting everyone and getting a lot done in this short time and nothing was really planned out so I was very stressed about it. I just didn't know why I didn't want him doing this one, even though I kept supporting him along the way. Well, we got our sign last night. Robby's mom is having surgery on the Friday that we would have left for this trip. Now, finding that out, we of course would not have left. But that would mean he would have lost A LOT of money, I doubt they would have refunded it, and he would have to find another event to do since he has come all this way in training. Luckily we realized the Ohio trip wasn't going to work out about a week ago so he began doing more research and found one in North Carolina at the end of October. Much better timing and I was feeling MUCH better about this one. So he signed up for this one before even being hit with all this information and learning when his mom's surgery would be. Its pretty cool to think about and now I know things are going to be ok.

I am so lucky to have amazing prayer warriors in my life. I have seen huge answers to prayers so I am feeling ok about this. But of course, you always ask yourself, why? why us? why her? what are you going to put us through? I know you won't put us through something we can't handle, but why?

So I challenge you with this... next time your so upset about a bad day at work, bad hair day, struggles with friends or family, or any other daily annoyance that we just feel we have to complain about 24/7, think of those that might be struggling with something much worse. Because there is ALWAYS someone out there with something worse than you. You just might not realize it because they are good at hiding it. Unfortunately, it takes bad things happening for us to remember this.I am VERY guilty of forgetting this and getting wrapped up in the trivial things. I need to do better.

These are just my thoughts for the day that I wanted to share/vent. Thanks for listening/reading :)

BTW- if you read my last post, my mexican lasagna turned out AMAZING! I have been eating leftovers almost all week. I will share the recipe in my next post, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment